Forms for Business

New Hire Paperwork: When you start a business, you will need some required governmental forms. Many of these forms can be found on the Wisconsin Department of Revenue's website.

Form I-9: Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, you must verify the identity and employment eligibility of anyone you hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and non-citizens alike. The Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 was developed by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to verify that persons are eligible to work in the U.S. You should complete a Form I-9 for every employee hired after November 6, 1986. After the form is completed, sign it and retain the completed form for your files. Click here to download an I9 Form.

W-4: To know how much income tax to withhold from employees' wages you should have a form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate, on file for each employee. Ask all new employees to give you a signed Form W-4 when they start and make the form effective with the first wage payment. If a new employee does not give you a completed Form W-4, withhold tax as if he or she is single with no withholding allowances. Click here to download a W4 Form.